Recipe Loosely adapted from Book – Baking one step at a time, the ultimate step-by-step cookbook by Marianne Magnier Moreno.
Preparation – 15 minutes
Cooking – 25 minutes
Ingredients: Blue – Anjali, Purple – Ananya
- ¼ cups Margarine
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cups sugar
- ½ cup Silk Tofu
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cups frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C, gas mark 4. Greases 12 individual muffin tins.
- Melt the butter then remove from heat.
- Beat the egg with the sugar until light and creamy, add the melted butter and mix with a whisk, then add the Silk Tofu in two lots.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl. Remove the blueberries from the freezer and mix with the flour.
- Make a well in the centre then tip in the liquid ingredients and stir rapidly.
- Fill the moulds two thirds full with the batter (work quickly so that the blueberries do not defrost) then tap the tins or tray on the work top to settle the mixture.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 minutes (or for 15 minutes for smaller ones).
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven, run the knife around each one then leave to cool in the moulds for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Yield: makes 12 cupcakes
Lactose free buttercream frosting
Loosely adapted from Savory Sweet Life
Preparation –2 minutes
Cooking – 3 minutes
Ingredients: Blue – Anjali, Purple – Ananya, Yellow – school
- ½ cup butter-flavoured shortening, softened
- 1.5-2 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar, SIFTED
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- up to 2 tablespoons soy milk/water
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- Beat butter for a few minutes with a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed.
- Add 3 cups of powdered sugar and turn your mixer on the lowest speed (so the sugar doesn’t blow everywhere) until the sugar has been incorporated with the butter.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and add vanilla extract, salt, and 2 tablespoons of milk/cream and beat for 3 minutes. (If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add remaining sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add remaining milk 1 tablespoons at a time.)
Yields: 1.25 cups
How cute is this cupcake?