2 cups rolled oats
½ cup rice krispies (or any other plain flavored cereal you like)
3 Tbsp oat flour (or any other flour you have on hand)
1/8 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp honey
3 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup nuts or dried fruits or chocolate chips or anything other additional you want to add (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Line an 8×8 inch pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper and grease it well (just to prevent the bars from sticking).
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add in the wet ingredients. Mix.
- Press really hard (because of the lack of fat) to the pan.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes (or maybe more) until the bars are a beautiful golden color.
- Cool completely in the pan. Lift it out and cut into bars.
- Store it in an air-tight container for whenever you want a quick and healthy snack.
Makes 16 bars