The extremely scrumptious and heavenly tasting flavor of this glorious 4 part mosaic brownie cheesecake awaits …
All combined together to create a mouthwatering dessert to die for. It’s like all of my favorite desserts combined together, cheesecake, brownies, Oreo and chocolate… I mean who wouldn’t love it?
But speaking to die for, it’s getting closer to winter… but still so hot in Bangkok😦 I could leave a cup of frozen butter out and it will turn into room temperature in just 20 minutes! How insane is that?
On a sunny Saturday, Ananya came over to my house and we baked the glorious brownie cheesecake. It’s like “Food Glorious Food!” (if you haven’t watched Ice Age then to bad, you won’t get the joke)😉
The result was insane:
The creamy and velvety cheesecake
The chunky and cakey brownie
The addictively crunchy oreo crumb crust
The rich buttery smooth chocolate topping (the reward of using lindt chocolate!)
Your tongue tingles at those few, heavenly seconds of pure pleasure… at the texture, the flavor the beauty the…oh! The list could go on forever!
A bite of this sliver of joy makes you feel so… you know, special. As if you’re the only person to experience this ultimate happiness, as if all the good karma you have done is being repaid back
The brownies were rather cakey; I am personally not a fan of cakey brownies. Surprisingly, these brownies tasted perfect with the cheesecake!
I really encourage you all to try this recipe. I promise, you won’t regret!
It may look hard to make but trust me, it wasn’t complicated at all: don’t be intimidated by the long list!
If the world was about to end and every person was only allowed to choose one cheesecake to eat…. honestly, I won’t be able to choose! But brownie cheesecake has always been one of my all-time favorites; cheesecake has been my birthday cake for the past 3 years!
Here is the recipe adapted from this recipe, but, slightly changed!
For the Brownies:
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
¾ cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour
For the crumb crust:
3 packets of crushed oreos
5 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
For the Cheesecake
2 (8-oz) packages of cream cheese at room temperature
¾ cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
For the Ganache Glaze
3 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
1. To make the brownies: Preheat oven to 350°F. Live 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper, with the ends of the parchment paper extending over the sides of the pan. Grease Parchment paper.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min, or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar. Blend in eggs and vanilla. Add flour and salt; mix well. Spread into prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs, not wet batter! (Do not over bake). Cool in pan on wire rack. Remove brownies from pan, using parchment paper handles.
4. Cool brownies, then cut them into ¾ to 1 inch squares for use in the cheesecake. The leftover will be used for the top of the cheesecake glazed with chocolate ganache.
5. To make crumb crust: Once the Oreos are crushed with the filling, add the butter and stir. Press onto 7” springform pan. Place the remaining Oreos on the sides of the pan. Fill right away or chill for up to 2 hours.
6. To make the Cheesecake: Preheat oven to 350°F.
7. Beat together cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla, beating on low speed until each ingredient is incorporate and scraping down bowl between additions.
8. Fold the brownie cubes in very gently. Pour filling into crust and bake in baking pan in middle of oven for 45 minutes, or until the centre is still slightly wobbly when pan is gently shaken.
9. Top with the following glaze.
10. To make the Ganache Glaze: Place Finely chopped chocolate in a medium size mixing bowl. Scald the butter and cream together in a saucepan (or in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute). Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted whisk in vanilla and then whisk in powdered sugar until smooth. Spread over cheesecake while ganache is still warm. Place the remaining brownies over the cheesecake and spread the remaining ganache over the brownies on the cheesecake.
You will never regret baking this cheesecake, especially, with this gorgeous looking dessert in front of you to eat :p
Doesn’t this piece of paradise look gorgeous! I bet your tongues are already watery from just looking at this; imagine the feeling you will get once you taste it